David Ogilvy once said, “on average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar.”
While writing headlines, how cautious are you? Do you experiment with a/b testing? Or check out any tools to measure how click-worthy your headlines or subject lines are? Tell us!
And on that note, let’s go through our weekly round-up of all that’s brewing in the creator economy.
In today’s Going Solo
- How keeping a diary can save you - The School of Life
- Discover a new creator: Reid Stefan
- TikTok joins hands with IMDB
- How to get anyone on your podcast - Think Media
How Keeping a Diary Can Save You - The School of Life
Our journey as a creator is lonely and often paved with many hurdles. This is why having a routine or a daily activity to lean on is highly suggested.
The School of Life makes multimedia content to help individuals slow down, reflect, heal, and foster better relationships. While they have books and therapeutic services, they also make YouTube content. Whenever we’re down, we watch one of their videos.
Today, we’re recommending this video, which enunciates the importance of maintaining a diary and how it can help us every day. A must-watch! 👇
Check out the School of Life here.
This Puppet Can Teach You Sound Engineering
As bizarre as it might sound, there’s a creator who uses a puppet to teach the world all about sound engineering. 🤯
Creator and entrepreneur Reid Stefan, who runs Whole Loops, has about 300K YouTube subscribers, and his puppet teaches you sound engineering and reviews gadgets. We made a video on Reid that you can watch right away.
TikTok Joins Hands with IMDb
Okay, so in 2023, we saw many actors and stars collaborate with influencers and content creators to promote their movies and series.
It’s time for IMDb to join hands with TikTok. Together they’re building a tool that allows TikTokers to link upto five movies or TV shows in every video. According to Tubefilter, there shall be a “dedicated in-app page” that “highlights essential data about the movie or TV show” — with data, of course, ported straight from IMDb.
This tool will pretty much offer all that an IMDb’s product description page does, and TikTok users can simply choose from the large movie directory to showcase stuff they love!
What do you think of this?
You can read the entire announcement here. �
How to Get ANYONE on Your Podcast! - Think Media
Are you new to podcasting or struggling to bring guest speakers? Think Media has recently produced a great video on how you can get anyone on your podcast.
Even if you’re a small podcast or have just started producing content, being smart with your invitations is how you’ll land a guest. Watch this video for more! 👇
🔥 What Else Is Brewing?
- We already know YouTube is prioritising Shorts. They’ve recently announced they’ll suggest relevant hashtags to enhance discovery. Get more details here.
- OnlyFans stars can cook up a storm in the kitchen. No, really! Its safe-for-work platform OFTV has launched the second season of This Is Fire, where its stars battle it out in the kitchen. Sounds interesting, right? Grab all deets here.
- Did you know you could get newsletter subscribers through The Sample? Yup, this platform accepts newsletter submissions and forwards them to readers similar to your target audience. They do paid ads too! Check out The Sample here.
- If you host online events or attend too many virtual calls, you’re surely familiar with Snapchat’s desktop camera app that allows you to add filters during your calls. Sadly, Snap is shutting down this service later this month. Find more information here.